Thursday, August 31, 2006

Summer Lovin'

The summer has come to a screeching halt the thermometer said 6 degrees this morning and I started to wear my flannel PJs again (lucky Luke) The last few weeks have been filled with company and many exciting adventures!! The highlight of the last few weeks was camping at Dinosaur Provincial Park with the deVries Family. We had great escapades climbing up the Hoo-doos and throwing in the occasional comment like "Nice hoodoos" We had such an awesome time looking for Dinosaur bones. Can't wait to go again! I have to admit the thought of brining two children under the age of 2 camping for the first time was a little stressful. But all my worries and anxiety vanished the moment we set up camp and I did a little bit of nesting. Although have a huge 5th wheel of course would have made the trip more comfortable but then it would not have been called camping. On the way back to Calgary we stopped at the Royal Tyrell Dino. Museum. Where we had a little scare with Dylan ...he vanished just like the dinosuars did. But we found him and all is well! Now Dylan keeps telling us he doens't want to loose us again. Upon arriving back into Calgary Christa and the kids were here. Thanks for the great visit Christa. I loved having my house full of children.. I guess it sorta reminded me of daycare. All the children got along great and I was amazed at how Dylan was so willing to share all his toys. My parents are here right now helping us all out. My mom has been watching the kids while I organize Dylan's new room. And I've made a new scrapbooking table...nothing fancy but at least have a little space to create.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Never a dull moment, is there?
Have a fantastic September and maybe we'll get to see you around here?