Tuesday, December 12, 2006

One of those mornings!!

So I finally get Caleb to sleep around 11:30 (his first nap of the day). Dylan is on the couch watching his favorite TV show Backyardigans (Mission to Mars). I quickly gather my showering supplies and head downstairs..Robe..towel...phone..and of course monitor. I turn on the shower (to wam it up) and switch over the load of laundry into the dryer. Into my misty oasis I go.... I'm just starting to get wet when I hear something...Caleb?..nope. MOMMY! Dylan is screaming and crying at the top of his lungs...What the heck? I open the shower door and call out for him, "Dylan come downstairs!" He replies MOMMY!!!! I pretend I can't hear him and continue to shower. Dylan has been known for his over dramatic episodes. I then hear him coming down the stairs , of course still crying. I ask him whats wrong. Tears running down his face he answers, "I just turned off my show and I wasn't finished watching it!" I ask, "Why did you turn if off?" "My foot hit the wrong botton." I tell him to go back upstairs and try to turn it back on. I quickly finish my shower and as I turn off the water I hear music. Not just any music LOUD music. Luke and Caleb are both upstairs sleeping. Luke just finished working three night shifts and would not be happy to be woken up by my needing to have a shower and leaving the children unattended. I go into the living room….. Dylan is sitting on the coffee table music blaring not just any music Much Music top 10 countdown. Dylan's eyes glued to the screen watching the latest dirty video. I quickly change the channel and cleanse his mind by switching Backyardigans back on. Well at least I got to have my shower!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Too funny, "I just turned off my show and I wasn't finished watching it!" That cracked me up!

--mamacita tina