Sunday, December 03, 2006

Two sick kids and a third on the way!!!!

No I'm not pregnant!! The third child I'm referring to is Luke! He is getting his wisdom teeth out on Monday. So I'm sure he won't be much help around the house with two children with croup. Dylan began getting sick 2 1/2 weeks ago while we were in Kamloops. I took him to the walk in clinic while we were there. I thought he had Croup back then. The doctor treated him for an ear infection and away we went STILL COUGHING! On wednesday I took him in to the doctor in Calgary and she said his lungs sound fine and he could cough for up to three months and he just has a virus. That night he had a fever and coughed uncontrollably ALL night long. Cough medicine didn't do a thing...not even knock him out! So back in I went. Here's what transpired.... Dylan coughs once and she says.. "That sounds like Croup!" As she backs away from my child like he has the plague. I think in my head "No shit Sherlock!" So he gets a steroid treatment and off we go. Two days later he's still cough and now Caleb has started...... YIPEE! So now I'm tried and Bitchy poor poor pitiful me.... welcome to motherhood hey!

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Yipes. I just about filled my shorts with excitement!!! I haven't even read the whole post yet (I just had to write yipes as soon as I could), but I sure hope that your family is well soon!

Mamacita Tina said...

Hang in there. Hope they all feel better soon. Scary when they just can't shake a cough/fever/etc.